Step back in time at the historic sites of the American Eastern Seaboard on a week-long tour by rail. This is what we’ll get up to:
- With a history expert, we’ll walk the Freedom Trail, and learn about the beginnings of the American Revolution in Boston;
- Jump the train to New York City and walk with a local photographer through the trendy Bushwick neighbourhood, plus you’ve got a day to explore this amazing city;
- The train will take us onto Philadelphia and we’ll visit some of the American Revolutionary sites including the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall – where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed;
- We’ll train it the capital, Washington DC, and walk along the National Mall, view its memorials including the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Veterans, Korean War and WWII memorials; and next day visit the National Geographic headquarters;
- In DC, you’ve also got the afternoon to explore the Smithsonian museums, check out the White House or whatever grabs you!
This trip is just the ticket for history buffs. Departing monthly between June and October 2018 for 8 days from $3249* plus your airfares. Call, email or drop in to see our team about getting your red, white and blue on! (*T&Cs apply. Price is per person, breakfast only is included on this trip).