Matt’s pick: Been there, done that? Matt has and is still talking about it (sigh). Come in and let him tell you about the soaring coastal cliffs, centuries-old volcanic glaciers and idyllic waterfalls. You’ll be blown away by:
- Bubbling volcanic solfataras, rootless craters, glacial lakes and geothermal lagoons;
- Gullfoss – Iceland’s largest waterfall with its dazzling rainbow when sun lit;
- Fields of lava created by Laki’s famous volcanic eruption of 1783;
- Whale watching, and bathing in hot springs;
- “Love-balls” – a round donut-like pastry typical to the region and made for you by a local baker in the Modrudalur Valley;
- A boat cruise between icebergs at Glacier Lagoon and trek around vast waterside craters;
- Charming fishing villages and walk the colourful streets of Reykjavik.
This trip is popular – 9 days from $6085pp* plus your flights. There’s a couple of places left in July & Aug 2018, Sept 2018 is sold out, and good availability from June to September 2019. Call, drop in or email Matt and pick his brains. Check out the full itinerary online now.
(*T&Cs apply, may sell out).